Taiwo Hassan ‘Ogogo’ Battles Stage-Four Cancer as Daughters Seek Urgent Medical Help

The family of veteran Nollywood actor Taiwo Hassan, popularly known as Ogogo, has made an urgent appeal for medical help after revealing that the 66-year-old actor is battling stage-four cancer.

The appeal came from his daughters, Lima and Kira Taiwo, who separately turned to social media on Monday, August 17, asking medical professionals, hospitals, cancer specialists and well-wishers to help the family find a treatment path for the veteran actor.

But the family’s request is worth noting carefully: they are not asking the public for money.

Instead, they are searching for medical direction particularly access to oncologists, specialised cancer centres and doctors who can review Ogogo’s medical records and advise the family on possible treatment options.

In her appeal, Kira said the family was looking for anyone with connections to the oncology field who could help them identify a medical team capable of taking on her father’s case.

She also said hospitals had been unwilling to continue certain aspects of his treatment and that doctors had not proceeded with chemotherapy.

The family has therefore asked medical experts in Nigeria and abroad to examine his medical files and offer guidance on what options may still be available.

The family’s appeal has since attracted attention across Nollywood, with colleagues and public figures calling for support for the veteran actor.

The latest development comes just over a year after Hassan publicly discussed another difficult chapter in his health journey.

In July 2025, the actor revealed that he had battled chronic ulcer for about seven years, describing a period in which he became severely weak, struggled to eat and said he vomited blood for months.

The illness also kept him away from film locations for extended periods.

That history makes the family’s latest appeal particularly painful for fans who have followed the actor’s career and previous recovery.

It is also important to separate the two stories his earlier ulcer battle was publicly documented by Hassan himself, while the current cancer diagnosis has been disclosed by his daughters.

No detailed medical information about the type of cancer, its primary location or the actor’s current hospital has been publicly released by the family.

For decades, Taiwo Hassan has been one of the recognisable faces of Yoruba-language cinema, working as an actor, producer, director and screenwriter.

His influence extends beyond the roles audiences see on screen. He has remained part of a generation of filmmakers and performers who helped build the Yoruba film industry into one of Nollywood’s most distinctive storytelling traditions.

As recently as July 2026, Hassan was publicly active, attending the commissioning of a new swimming facility at Amazon Luxury Apartments in Ilaro, Ogun State.

That makes the sudden public appeal from his family even more significant.

What Happens Next?

At the moment, the family’s priority is clear finding qualified medical professionals and a treatment centre that can properly assess Ogogo’s condition and determine what options are available.

The public should also be careful with unverified claims circulating online. The family has not publicly disclosed the specific type of cancer, and there is currently no credible basis for outsiders to speculate about his prognosis.

For now, the most meaningful support may be helping the family’s appeal reach the right medical professionals rather than spreading unconfirmed information.

For an actor who has spent decades entertaining generations of Nigerians, the message from his family is simple: they are looking for expertise, not sympathy alone.

Our thoughts are with Taiwo Hassan, his family and everyone supporting him during this difficult period.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest

0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x